We are currently accepting student applications for fall 2018 projects. The deadline for full consideration is Friday, August 31.
Prospective applicants should read the expectations for student participants before applying.
Then, to apply, email email@example.com from your @uic.edu account with a brief cover letter describing your interest in research. Also include:
- Your full name
- The titles of the projects you are most interested in
- A PDF attachment of your UIC “current student academic history” (listing your coursework completed at UIC), as available from my.uic.edu*
*Note: The academic history is available for free to current students at any time (instantly); we do not want an official transcript, which is a document that you pay for and which takes 24 hours to receive from the registrar.
We will reply to acknowledge receipt of your application, usually within 24 hours. Decisions will be announced at the start of the second week of the fall semester.
The usual yearly application cycle for MCL projects is as follows:
- Spring semester projects are announced approximately two weeks before the end of the fall semester, with applications accepted until the Friday of the first week of classes in the spring.
- Summer session projects are announced after spring break, with applications accepted until the end of the spring semester.
- Fall semester projects are announced during the summer, with applications accepted until the Friday of the first week of classes in the fall.